Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day 2010


We were all set to have a VERY productive Mother's Day weekend. I wrote out a wish list of things I wanted to get done, we had little else planned for the weekend, we were set to go. Well, Saturday was COLD. Not just a little chilly, it was actually COLD outside. I think it may have reached 50 later in the day, but needless to say, we did not get done what we had hoped to do on Saturday.

Thank goodness for Sunday. The sun was out, the weather warmer, and even with fewer hours to be productive, we got a ton done! Here's what we did (and by we, yes, I mean the entire family, although I'm not sure much of what either child did could be considered "helping"):

Flag hung by the front door and planted large pot of flowers(OK, so it's not really large enough for you to notice it in this picture, but it is there...right side, green pot)

Hanging basket and Shepard's hook "installed"

Flowers planted around the front tree

Vegetable garden plotted and planted! Yea! I can't wait to start seeing those little seedlings sprout up!

We also had a yummy steak dinner. Thanks Jas for making this a fun day for me!

No comments: