Saturday, January 31, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
1. I've had both of my dream jobs already: being a kindergarten teacher and being a mom.
2. I love to scrapbook and occasionally someone will pay me to scrap for them.
3. I swam on the swim team in high school (just call me Michael Phelps).
4. I am more domestic than I thought (Jason is laughing at this one).
5. I usually bake at least a loaf of homemade bread a week.
6. I adore the beach, but I wouldn't want to live anywhere but the midwest.
7. My favorite restaurant at the moment is Red Robin (I also love Outback).
8. I love the smell of coffee, but only drink it with a healthy amount of sugar and cream.
9. I've recently moved, for the second time in my life, to a town where I know NO ONE!
10. Nothing beats the smell of a clean baby.
11. I wish we didn't have a dog.
12. I'm adjusting to the privilage of being a stay-at-home mom.
13. I wish I knew more about photography.
14. My children only have one aunt and uncle.
15. Warm chocolate chip cookies are my weakness (among other things).
16. I actually liked the "school" part of college.
17. I love garage sales, thrift stores, consignment sales, anywhere I can find a bargain.
18. I can read a good book in one day.
19. I eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich a couple times a week, and like it!
20. I grew up without a T.V. and still feel like I'm wasting time when I watch it.
21. I actually enjoy writing letters the old fashion way...by hand.
22. I'd love to be a step aerobics teacher.
23. I collect Willow Tree Angels.
24. I love old houses.
25. I met my husband on the school bus when I was a sophomore in high school.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Kaden: "My lips are gone!"
Kaden: "My lips are gone, they melted."
**This only makes any form of sense if you understand that the kiddos at Miss Lori's house call chapstick "lips". So, when Kaden wants some chapstick he'll say, "Can I please have some lips?" Yesterday, he had chapstick, then realized it was gone...hence this conversation.
We love you Miss Lori and miss you like CRAZY!
Monday, January 12, 2009
That's 3 packs of toilet paper (4 rolls each) and a jar of yeast.
Retail price for everything is about $11. I had coupons which made the toilet paper free, and found the Kroger brand of yeast, which was $2.69 compared to the name brands which are $8! I was excited, and thankful, to find these deals. Hopefully I'll find more in the future and share them with you!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009
1)(when caught sitting up in bed scratching around his diaper)
Kaden:"My diaper has an issue."
me: "A what?"
Kaden: "A problem."
2) (Constantly to his sister)
Kaden: "You love me?!" (this is said with a slight hint of a question, but mostly as a statement)
3) (in the middle of the night)
Kaden: "Mom! MOM!! MOMMMMMM!"
Kaden: "You got chips on the list?" (I had gone to the grocery store the night before)
Kaden: "Good job mom! Daddy be so happy." (this was funny, but would have been even more humorous if it haden't occured at 3am!)
1) Kaden turned 2
2) I quit teaching after 6 years at CTA (and 9 years total)
3) Our house on Wildwood in Columbus sold after almost 9 months on the market
4) We moved to Indy (this brought many changes in itself: loss of friends, church family, neighbors, etc...)
5) Jason transfered from the Columbus office to the Indianapolis office of Williams Creek
6) I became a stay at home mom
7) We bought a house in Brownsburg, Indiana and moved (AGAIN!!)
8) Marin was born!
While most of these have been positive changes, I find myself hoping that 2009 is a bit quieter than 2008 was.