Monday, March 16, 2009

Party Preparations


On Friday we had a busy day getting ready for Kaden's big 3 year old party (which was on Saturday, more on that in another post). Jason was off work, so I ran errands without children (heavenly!) then psyched myself up for making the cake. My mom came around dinner time, so she was here to help with the kids and also help decorate after they were in bed.

The cake was a tractor (did I forget to mention this was not just a party, but a JOHN DEERE birthday party!). I baked it and it came out of the mold perfectly. Then, it took me over 2 hours to frost/decorate. It turned out decent for my first cake. Kaden loved it (we showed him Saturday morning) and it tasted really good, so it was worth the time, stress, and energy.


Here are some pictures of the preparations.

No comments: